Video marketing means using videos for promoting and telling people about your product or service. It helps increase engagement on your digital and social channels, educates your audience, and allows you to reach them with a new medium.
Using video in your marketing efforts can help you:
Reach a wider audience – video is consumed by most internet users and even more so on social channels. With video, you can reach an enormous amount of people where they spend their time online, whether that’s YouTube or Facebook.
Boost your SEO – video content is also great for your SEO. When video marketing results in more video content on your website, it will improve your site’s rankings on search engines.
Grow your subscriber base – video is an engaging medium so people are more likely to click subscribe if you have video content available for them on your social channels or website.
There are a few reasons video marketing is so successful. It’s not just about YouTube anymore, video can be used on multiple platforms and reach a variety of people. Here are some key video marketing benefits:
- Video gets attention (87% chance to get noticed online vs. 10% for text)
- Video can increase conversion rates by 80%
- Video gives a “voice” to your brand
- Video is universal – video content has been translated into over 100 languages and video is the third most needed type of content behind text and images.
- Video can be used on nearly every social media platform: YouTube, Vine, Instagram video, Facebook video
- Video makes your message memorable (4x more likely to be remembered than text)
- Video conveys trust (64% say video helps them trust a brand more)
- Video boosts website conversions (2x more likely to make a purchase on your site after watching a video there)
- Video increases traffic (65% of marketers see an increase in organic traffic from search engines thanks to videos)
- Video builds relationships (5x more likely to build trust than text-based content)
- Video increases email sign-ups (40% of consumers are more likely to give their email address after watching video content)
Here are four video marketing stats that show it’s important in today’s world.
1.) 74% of marketers who blog weekly said video has helped their lead generation efforts, according to the Social Media Marketing video report by Neistat & Tasty.
2.) YouTube video ads get more watch time per visit than any other video platform. Visits with video ads last almost twice as long on average and drive almost 4 times higher view-through rates compared to nonvideo ads.
4.) 82% of viewers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it, according to Visitor’s Video Survey Report 2017. That is because video content can provide information in a format that will keep their attention. In addition, the majority of people have watched at least one video about a product or service before buying that item.
For example, when looking up how to apply eye makeup, most people have watched a video about it on YouTube, so the video is a familiar platform they trust.
5.) Finally, video marketing has an ROI. For example, video is 55% cheaper than TV ads and is more like to drive brand awareness and purchase intent.
Overall, using video in your marketing can be very beneficial because video allows you to express your message in a new and creative manner.
People love video and will watch it rather than read text (which takes much longer), meaning video allows you to keep attention easily and make a stronger impact with your audience.